Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I have many things to be thankful for!

Today I am thankful for SHOWERS!

It has now been 2 weeks and 2 days since our house fire. Slowly we are getting into a routine living in the camper. We (on Tuesday) were able to take showers in the camper. Do not take advantage of having a shower in your own home. We have for 2 weeks gone to my Dad or Mom's house to take showers. Yes, lugging all of our toiletries back and forth is a pain! Our camper shower is tiny, but functional. So for the past two days I have been able to take a shower here, and it is a joy! We do not have permanent running water from our well, but Jay turns it on when the camper holding tank needs refilling, so we are managing! We got power on Saturday, so yeah, we are no longer needing the generator.

Lord, thank you for the modern luxuries of water and power, things we have taken for granted for so long. Thank you for continuing to give me strength to live through this ordeal, even though some days I get so down. You are so good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment