Friday, August 14, 2009

Fire Update

Good Morning, I wanted to update my blog on the progress of my house demo. This picture was taken the day the fire happened on 7/21/09.


This picture was taken 8/13/09, my house has no roof at all, only my chimney.


You can actually stand in the living room and see my bedroom window and closet.


This is starting to get to Jay, pray for him. He has tried to be strong through most of this, but I think it is really hitting home now. He is worried about the brick being structurally sound, I try to tell him the contractors know what they are doing, but he is still worried. He is outside the box now with the contractor and building inspector. I hope he is getting all of his worries out and they will reassure him. I know that God is in control and He would not have left the brick for us if it was not safe.

School started for the kids on Monday. We are trying to get into a morning routine that works for them to get ready. They seem to be okay, they like school.

I have tried to start inventory on the stuff in my house that was ruined by the fire. Boy, this is a hard task. I lost so many pictures of my babies! I try to keep in mind that my babies are still here, so that takes some of the sting away. I am a very sentimental person, so it still hurts.

I hate the camper, but I love the Lord so I am trying to be a trooper about this. Countdown to the end of the year is always in my mind, just 5 1/2 months to live in the box. Pray for God to make this go by very fast for us.

Pray for my mom and sister also. We have no way to wash our clothes and they have taken this task over for us. I thank them so much for doing this, as I know it is a chore. I will probably start going to the washerette soon to relieve the burden.

All in all, we are still surviving, but still requesting daily prayer for God to get us through this and be with every day, all day...to let people see that we are trusting in God and not letting this get us down.

1 comment:

  1. bless your hearts - praying for you that things will get back to normal as quickly as possible!

    ReplyDelete