Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Voice of Thanksgiving

Psalm 26:7 that I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.

This Thursday is Thanksgiving, a day to reflect on things that we are thankful for. This year I am thankful for an abundance of things...I will try to list some of them here.

Tamara Jones is thankful for...

My Lord and Savior, who saw fit to save me. Save me from hell, save me from myself, save me from this world. He has seen fit to provide for us this past year while my husband has been unemployed. He has seen fit to save us from a house fire that took all our earthly possessions away. He has been gracious and allowed me to grow in His wisdom and love.

My Family

My Preacher, who has saw me at my worst, but still helped me to become a stronger Christian.

My Church

My Friends

My Box (because many people do not even have a box)

My Dogs, who have been so good to me!

My cars, which have chose to stay running (and are now both paid off)

My Breath

My Health

Green Grass, Wind, the Cold Weather that is finally deciding to come

Shoes, and hair bows, a toothbrush and toothpaste, a hair brush and comb

Water, electricity, hot water and non generator electricity

Fire and water proof boxes that saved some of my pictures from the fire

Fireman who worked all day to save as much of my possessions as possible, including pictures and dogs

Generous people who took time from their busy lives to make sure that we were okay and brought us food, plastic ware, towels, money etc when we did not have anything

Thanks be to God for the great things He has provided!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl!
    I am so thankful for you! You are such a great friend...someone I can laugh with...and cry with! (seems I have been doing a lot of that lately)
    I know I can always count on you and I am so glad that God saw fit to allow me to be your friend!
    LOVE YOU, GIRL!

    ReplyDelete